India is rich in culture and heritage, with a change in living & lifestyle from state to state. Across the border, many communities contribute their importance through art, tradition, and lifestyle. In contrast, Banarasi Saree from Banaras is the major contributor to making the nation incredible by representing it globally.
From the weaving hands of Banaras to the glory of Indian Women, this apparel has an independent image in the fashion chronicle worldwide.
What is Banarasi Saree? Why is it called so?
The term “Banarasi” came from Banaras, a city in India rich in tradition and culture.
Weavers of this city have immense knowledge about weaving the Indian culture over the fabric and making it lively.
The name of this apparel relates to the contribution of the weavers from Banaras in this beautiful saree design.
History of Banarasi Saree
Banarasi Sarees got its name and fame during Akbar, the great emperor of the Mughal period in the 14th century, by encouraging the artisans with their skills through brocade work.
Craving for the art through silk and other fabrics with delicate and attractive designs for the noble royal families of the Mughals was a spark of interest of the royal couples across the different regions of the provinces to adorn this noble attire at royal functions.
Advertent craftsmanship through significant Zari weavings with the influence of the Mughal and Persian motifs populates Banarasi Saree as the royal garment worldwide.
Banarasi Saree in Indian Occasions
In different communities of India, Women celebrate their occasions with great pomp and show through gatherings, food, and clothing to represent their tradition and culture.
Women love to give a unique call to their attire through banarasi sarees on wedding occasions as they represent the ethics and tradition behind these auspicious moments in India.
It is interesting to know the figures from Statista for the reasons behind shopping for ethnic apparel in India in 2019. The report states that nearly half the percentage buys ethnic clothes during festive seasons and wedding occasions.
What makes Women so passionate about having Banarasi Sarees in their wardrobe?
A saree is a magical outfit for a woman that brings regal beauty when she drapes on their body. It represents the tradition and lifestyle of the Indian culture of which we are proud.
When there is a need choosing for the best sarees to adore your wardrobe, an Indian woman never lets the opportunity to ornate themselves with exquisite sarees with beautiful designs.
Indian market is flourishing with the exceptional sarees that fascinate a woman and agitates to buy this apparel to decorate their wardrobe.
At present, the reign of the traditional banarasi saree is trending in the fashion market that dominates the wedding and party wear market.
Fabrics, color, and design are some vital factors that make a banarasi saree more elegant and distinct from other garments.
Are you thinking of buying a banarasi saree online?
This blog will be helpful for you when you realize all the factors behind the mesmerizing designer banarasi saree from Kiko Clothing.
Banarasi Saree – Fabrics and Designs
Exquisite heavy banarasi saree includes a variety of sheer fabrics to depict the rich Indian culture through intricate weaving and embroideries.
Comfy fabrics are a principal part of any attire as they soothe the skin through their transparency and breathability.
Fabrics of banarasi sarees include Silk, Cotton, Organza, Tissue, and Georgette. Apart from this, the golden and silver Zari works highlight the stardom it possesses when someone wears it.
Ethnic Designs include Jangla, Cutwork, Tanchoi, Tissue, and Butidar patterns.
- Jangla Design hosts the weavings of animals, natural vegetation, flora, and fauna motifs that directly relate to Jangla or Jungle, the term from the local jargon of Banaras.
- Tanchoi Design is a Chinese extract by origin that came to India with the amalgamation of Persian Motifs with creative workpieces of the artisans of Banaras, giving Tanchoi artwork a new definition through Banarasi sarees globally.
- Tissue Design sarees loan the beauty to a woman as the name they bear. Like tissue paper, they are comfortable to wear and transparent enough to spotlight the intricate weaving designs that make the saree perfect party wear.
- A grandeur handloom work with simultaneous weaving of motifs through golden silk thread on silk fabric, Cutwork Banarasi Sarees are one of the most desiring attires to adorn your beauty at birthday parties, anniversaries, or wedding functions.
- Butidar designs are the iconic weavings of butis or minutely effects of the Mughal art on the traditional banarasi saree fabrics to make it a perfect bridal wear. Paisleys, mango patterns, floral motifs, and traces of Persian artwork distinct the butidar design and make them unique in the heavy banarasi saree design segment.
The above designs are the backstage creators who help dominate a six-yard fabric in the banarasi saree party wear market.
Banarasi saree for wedding price range varies from some thousands to lakhs in Indian currency and may be more than that depending upon the complexity of the design and quality of the fabric.
Where to buy banarasi saree online?
Are you planning to buy a banarasi saree online shopping?
Kiko Clothing is the best e-platform to get all the exquisite banarasi sarees under a single fashionable roof.
It is the right destination for those who search for authentic handmade pure silk banarasi saree in the online channel.
We have an elegant collection of banarasi sarees for parties and wedding functions to make your occasions delightful and memorable.
Many fashion garments come and go with a fading end with generations. A banarasi saree is an attire that never fades. The reign of this fashion setter will continue till the end of time. A traditional banarasi saree from Kiko Clothing will never stop glistening your look with its magnificent designs and serene fabrics.